Thread: Yet another shop build.... McFarlane

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    uppers.jpg

I built some upper cabinets over the past week. It's coming together. I still have to commission a few new tools and get ductwork delivered and installed.

My favorite feature in the new shop is the sink. Never had one before, saves a bunch of time running into the house to clean brushes, wet down a rag for glue squeeze out,...

One item I wish I had added was a bathroom type fan to help evacuate the air. The varnish/oil I am using on the cabinets stinks for a few days, and the bugs get pretty bad this time of year, in the forrest, in Texas. Opening the windows helps, but a fan would help more.

I used my stationary belt sander on the 'finishing supplies' cabinet to square up the edges, without DC. Big mistake. Took longer to clean up the mess than if I had used the Rotex, but it was fun. Just a few seconds and the corners matched perfectly.

Natural gas whole-house generator is coming next week. It was supposed to get installed during the hurricane, which has some humor associated with it. The gene is for the house, not the shop, which is on a separate sub panel.

I'm taking a well deserved 4 day vacation next week to visit some old friends in Northern Michigan.
    Last edited by mark mcfarlane; 09-11-2017 at 1:27 PM.
    Mark McFarlane