After a 9 month battle with the local water district over an easement, we started clearing the land for my new shop today. It was amazing to watch these guys clear the land.

We had three 80-100' pine trees removed and about a dozen smaller ones.

One of the tall trees was 2 feet off my back porch. They didn't drop a single branch or even a pine cone on the porch.
A 60 year old man trimmed his way up to the top of the 100' trees, then cut off 3'-4' sections from the top, working his way to the ground. Took him about 1:15 per tree. I posted a picture of the stump and porch to get a feel for how big this tree was.

The dozen or so smaller trees (30-50') got chomped up by a guy in an an excavator. It was amazing to watch him strip the limbs, break the trunks into sections, pile them neatly, and load up the dumpster bins from his air conditioned cab.

Rained off and on, didn't slow anyone down. I felt bad for the older guy 100' up in the tree with rain and wind but he wasn't going to climb the tree twice.

My wife and I watched them work all day. I shot a bunch of video that someday I will edit and share.

stump.jpgtree clearing.jpg

Tomorrow the brick comes off the side of the house that abuts the shop ( I decided I didn't want a brick accent wall), then we dig for the slab. Should have a piered slab in another week or two.