Thread: California Air Tools brand compressors

California Air Tools brand compressors

They're oil-free and, if you believe the manufacturer's claims, super quiet. Anybody have experience with them?

http://www.californiaairtools.com

Are they well built? Any quieter than oil-filled compressors?

I can't speak to the longevity (oilless compressors have a finite life in any case) but my 5510se is almost spooky quiet and I paid less than $130 shipped (when Zoro had one of their 20% off sales) it is the best compressor bargain I have ever gotten. If you are a heavy air user (time or volume) then oiled is the way to go, if not the CAT compressors would be at the top of my list.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Mine's very quiet (CAT-4620AC). Have only had it for a few months but does exactly what it should do. I used to have a PC Pancake - that was about the loudest thing in the shop. So glad I switched

I've had one for about two years, and have been very pleased with it. Even with aluminum tanks it's rather heavy for a portable, but the low noise is great. I would rank it as a higher quality unit than the PC pancake compressor that it replaced.
    Last edited by Scott T Smith; 03-14-2017 at 9:35 AM.

I have the 4620A and it's very quiet, as quiet or slightly quieter than my Rolair JC10.

Well-built? It's good enough for me, but I don't need portability or extreme durability, and I'm not a heavy user. Some CAT models have suffered from QC or build problems if you read Amazon reviews of particular models, but I think you should be able to get support if needed. They have also been improving some models slowly over the last few years.

6. my friend have that item and it seems quiet good too.

I just ordered the 5510SE from Home Depot online. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the input, fellas!

Jason

I have this one https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and love it so far. Had it about 5 months. Very quiet compared to my now defunct Campbell Hausfield.

Jim

Been thinking of picking up one of their compressors too. Good to know they are well liked.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I have a CAT 6310 and really like it. I am not a heavy duty user, so the small one is good enough for me.

I was not too sad when my 20 year old Crapsman finally died on me. That thing was loud and would make you jump when it went off. The CAT is super quiet. You can hear it running, but it is barely noticeable.

At the time. Home Depot online had the best prices with free shipping.

Steve