Thread: Can you help identify this saw?

Question Can you help identify this saw?

Hello All-

I was hoping one of you might be able to help me identify this saw. It was handed down through the family to me. My Grandpa used to have it and then gave it to my Dad. My Dad never used it, so it just sat around and got rusty. He gave it to me to see if I could do anything with it. I was able to get it up and running, but there is no instruction manual, and the thing has about a bazillion(+/- 10) different settings, spring tensioners, screw adjustments, etc. My Dad knows nothing about the saw, and my Grandpa has passed away, so now I know nothing about this saw.

The tag on the side saya "Delta Milwaukee". The model number is HN620110CW and it's got a 1/3hp motor. I tried looking up Delta Milwaukee and the serial number on the web, but didn't find anything.

Thanks!

Brad

It's an old Delta scroll saw. For more information on it, try the Old Woodworking Machines forum at www.owwm.com. They maintain an extensive file of old machinery catalogs and manuals online and may have one for your machine.
    It's a quality machine, well worth restoring and using, if it is reasonably complete.
    Hope this helps.
    Rick W.

Brad, It's a Delta scroll saw. Delta moved from Milwaulee approx 1953-54 so it's probably manufactured before 1954. You can find an O&M manual on the old woodworking machines web site. You can also date your machine based on the serial number. It's a fine scroll saw and well worth fixing up.

Brad,

John and Rick are right on. owwm.com is all you need to know about old wood working machines. Those guys are good and their site is a wealth of information and pictures. They like pictures too!!

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Brad,

I own the same saw, mine came from a machine shop and was used for metal cutting originally. The saw can be used with plain end scroll saw blades or you can use jig saw blades installed in the lower assembly, you raise the top arm assembly up out of the way.