Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Footwear recommendations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ontko View Post
    Red Wing Boots is another top brand made in the USA. As a result, they're a little more costly but they last forever.
    Gotta look close. Some Red Wings have gone to Mexico.
    I'm still wearing the same Red Wings every day since I bought them 15 years ago.

Blog Entries
    Steel toes saved my toes when I first went to work after high school. BUT, saved from a bundle of steel bar that I could not budge. Have to stand there and wait for someone to come along and get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    What's wrong with your Crocs?

I used to wear running shoes that I left the laces tied and loose so I could slip them on and off.
    Here's what's wrong with Crocs. If you walk outside on wet cement wearing Crocks, they are extremely slippery - almost like walking on ice with regular dress shoes. I still wear them, but inside only, and NEVER on a wet surface. As an aside, the other footwear I found that I really like is Skechers; they are made with memory foam and very comfortable.

the Merrll and Birkens both look appealing.
    Might have to get something from Union Pro Boots in the near future....

Thank you all!

GF got me my first pair of real boots for Christmas, Wolverine 1000 Mile Adrian boots. $200 at Nordstrom rack, regular retail like $400. I'd wear them every day if I could! They can be resoled and conditioned.

Tony

"Soldier On"

Steel toe however you want them. Besides protecting your feet you can also place a heavy piece of plywood on the toe and get a good grip. Pull the ply up rest it on the toe and grab from underneath. I have Carolina boots with gel soles in them.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    Thanks Tony.
    Mark McFarlane

I've got a pair of Red Wings and am happy with them, but only the most expensive ones are still made in the USA.

SAS shoes (San Antonio Shoe Co.), are what I wear. I get the walking shoes, and simply lace them loosely so I can just slip them on. Nice leather shoes and very comfortable.

No steel toes though. I used to wear steelies at work, and I swear there is only one size toe cap. I never found one that fit my wide, square, toes.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Nike Air Monarch Cross Trainers. Leather, durable, like wearing clouds. About $50 just about anywhere. Lace them loose and they slip on. These are great if you're on your feet all day.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony De Masi View Post
    Plus 10-these are my shop shoes and every day comfort apparel.Really comfortable and durable.Been wearing them for years.

If you like the Merrell jungle Mocs, another of their slip on styles is the chameleon stretch. More of an outdoor shoe yet looks nice for casual wear, I also hike/backpack in them, leave a pair by the back door for taking the dogs out. The stretch collar keeps debris out of your shoes which is good for the trail and in the shop.

David