Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help with my TS blade sharpening nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by sebastian phillips View Post
    Amen Mr. Sincerbaux.
    We (the U.S.) have become Exaggeration Nation.
    Or Indig-Nation.
    Or maybe, just maybe "we" have lost track of the fact English has many words with subtle or even markedly different meanings and/or connotations. My OED lists "ordeal" as a synonym to nightmare which seems perfectly apropos here and not an exaggeration at all.

Back to the thread, we have had exactly one true professional in this field, probably worthy of the term expert (if you have seen his work) comment on the thread and his initial "guess" was a bent tooth and it makes sense if you look at the test cut.

Rick, I am pretty sure I wouldn't let them take another shot at it, if I don't plan to go back to them I would move on to someone I felt more confident could solve the issue versus making it worse and grinding away more carbide in the process.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Whitehead View Post
    Getting back to the original post, I'm among those whom think it might be a bent tooth.
    Since the PO measured the run-out of the blade, I'm assuming that he has a dial indicator and stand. If so, he can set it up to indicate on the sides of the teeth and actually measure to see if one is bent.Then he could mark it and take it back to the saw shop and ask them to correct it.
    Just an idea.
    Rick
    So if he can ID the tooth and if he has a diamond file, just take a bit off the side of that tooth and be done with it. Hence the other thread of DIY sharpening. With so many YouTube videos of the HF saw sharpener, it must work for some people. And aren't woodworkers, almost by definition, DIY'ers? It isn't CNC sharpening, but for some, the hassle of sending in a blade to get it sharpened almost sounds like too much. Folks resharpen most everything except for carbide saw blades. Chain saws, turning tools, planer and jointer knives, drill bits, some router bits, plane irons and so on.
    NOW you tell me...