Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are all the Mechanical Engravers??

We still do quite a lot of diamond dragging on metal plates. Mostly brass and nickel. The materials like black brass and aluminum I try to get on the laser whenever possible, but there are still many customers who want it scratch engraved. We do plaques for a local county Fire and Rescue Department. I've tried to get them to switch to laser engraving, but they'll have no part of it. Each plaque takes 45 minutes to run - mostly because of the logo. They pay more because of this, but it's what they like so it's what they get.

We also do diamond engraving on cylindrical items. A lot of perpetual trophies, bowls, cups, etc. I know of only one other place around here that can do these, but it is a national chain and the work they do is sub-par at best. About the only thing we can't do are items for which a fiber would be a necessity. There have only been a few of those, though.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

We do not have any real local business other that the occasional person who happens to find us. Almost everything we do is shipped to our customers. I am working on getting more local jobs, we have never tried before.
    Trotec Speedy 400 80watt, IS400 Volume (2x), LS100ex, Rayzist SandBlaster,
    Valiani MATPRO IX 150 Mat Cutter, Mitre-Mite T-350 double miter saw