Thread: Southeast AZ - hardwood supplier?

Southeast AZ - hardwood supplier?

Just moved to Southeast Arizona and I am looking to see if anyone knows of a good supplier for the hobbyist woodworker who wants more than the box stores can provide (both in quality and in price).

Ben Silver

I moved here 6 months ago, and will be interested to hear if anyone turns up suggestions besides the handful of stores up in Phoenix.

It's going to depend somewhat on what you're looking for. Woodworker's Source has decent imports, but their domestics are iffy and expensive. In particular, they are already S2S, and 4/4 stock is very thin. I was in the Tucson store a couple of weeks ago and measured cherry and QSWO at well under 13/16, which is a deal breaker for me. The cherry was also heavily contaminated by sapwood. It's not officially a defect, but after having spent the better part of a decade in PA, I won't pay money for cherry with substantial sapwood.

FWIW, I'm to the point of triggering orders of QSWO and cherry from back east, to be shipped via freight. I'd be interested to hear from others in the Tucson area who might want to go in on such a venture.