Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet yet mobile DC

Quiet AND mobile?

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/defau.../gyro-air.html

Cost is $1k above your stretch point, but the stats on it are very good. And whatever one may say about Bridge City Tools, "low quality junk" is not one of them. I have no experience with the unit, but am very, very intrigued. Heck, the only two things that keep me from getting one are power requirements (only have a single 220v available) and to a lesser extent, cost.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I installed a Clear Vue Max in our two car garage maybe 5 years ago, turned it on, and nearly had to change my underwear, it was SO LOUD. The whole house vibrated.
    Have it now in a 2,000 sq ft rented space and it's fine with ear protection.

A friend of mine made a dust collection system using a central house vacuum system he bought cheap on craigslist. He got a five gallon bucket and some sheet metal and made a cyclone from it. It works very well.

Anyone else on here done this or seen it done?
    Last edited by Mark Gibney; 05-07-2017 at 5:54 PM. Reason: added information about the cyclone

Yeah, my 2hp Grizzly is in a closet built around it with batts of fibreglass to absorb some of the sound, it is tolerable. Some of these noise specs are hard to believe unless the meter is set up 50 feet away in field with 3 foot high grass