Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Segmented Turning

Absolutely magnificent!. Please pack carefully when you send it to my house.

Absolutely beautiful. Really like the top and base. Just outstanding.
    When working I had more money than time. In retirement I have more time than money. Love the time, miss the money.

Hi, I have been looking at a number of your posts now I have discovered your marvelous work. The objects you are producing are truly works of art!!

When you were first starting on your segmenting journey, where did start? A friend, books, DVD's (or video's!) or just yourself, playing with cuts and patterns? If it was books and/or DVDs etc., would you be able to name a few, please? I live in New Zealand and there isn't anyone in my local club doing segmented bowls, or anything segmented. I am happy to purchase a couple of books and DVDs, I would just like some guidance towards which ones are helpful - anyone reading this post, please feel free to join in. Thanks

Robyn,
    Good place to start is segeasy.com The person is Jerry Bennett and found his very good. At first did believe it was as good as he discussed, but it is. You can make a "fix sled" using a 30 60 triangle(12 sides) or a 45 carpenter triangle (for 8) to start and see how you like it.

Bob