Thread: Sliders..Grizzly Vs Shop Fox

Sliders..Grizzly Vs Shop Fox

I am curious.

What is the difference between the Grizzly G0623X ($3285 delivered),and the Shop Fox W1811 ($3525 delivered) sliding table saws?

Any one have one? Care to give review?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I'm not familiar specifically with either tool, but a lot of the difference is likely the paint color and maybe some accessories/features. Given the similar price points, they are probably "sister" saws...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Agreed. The main difference is white versus green paint. Shopfox is the store brand and Grizzly is the mailorder brand of the same company

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Shoffner View Post
    Agreed. The main difference is white versus green paint. Shopfox is the store brand and Grizzly is the mailorder brand of the same company
    ShopFox is available in stores? From what I have seen they are both mail order brands. I have also read and seen that ShopFox is often a bit better fit and finish over Grizzly. Supposedly due to better quality control. Not sure if that has any truth to it, just what I read.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    ShopFox is available in stores? From what I have seen they are both mail order brands. I have also read and seen that ShopFox is often a bit better fit and finish over Grizzly. Supposedly due to better quality control. Not sure if that has any truth to it, just what I read.
    Shop Fox is the retail version of Grizzly. We used to have a Shop Fox dealer here in town. My Shop Fox jointer is equal in fit and finish to my Grizzly tools

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Unless Things have recently changed, I don't think you can order directly from Shop Fox (aka Woodstock International) like you do with Grizzly. There are some online dealers that sell Shopfox but it's still a retail sale. My 2 local woodworking shops both sell SF, but neither stocks them on the floor, so ask your local retailer if they can order for you.

I believe it's true for all machinery that Grizzly has a 1-year warranty while Shop Fox machines come with a 2-year warranty.