So... been looking for something decent for a miter saw for a while now. Got one from e-bay... yuck. Lots of rust on both the saw and the miter base, bent plate, missing parts. Then a co-worker gave me one his father had used years ago... nice big Disston miter saw, but again the base was kinda junk - rusted to where it won't hardly move, and a fair number of lost/broken parts. Restoration of the base would be a project unto itself... and not something I'm interested in at this time.

More recently, another coworker knew I was looking, and picked up what looks like a Craftsman saw + miter base @ a yard sale. For a change, everything looks to be present, intact, and only minor surface rust on the saw, which looks nice and straight. It looks like the handle is machine cut, so I'm guessing its not *real* old, but I would very much like to find out more about it - about when it was made, general level of quality, and (hopefully) some instructions...

Here is a link to a Dropbox photo album of the saw and miter base... if people are unable to view this, let me know and I can see about shrinking the pics and/or linking them here directly.

Thanks!

Monte