Thread: sub vs cltt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

sub vs cltt

Hello all new guy doing tons of research onto what is actually going to work for me So here I am again with another question.

I am trying to get custom graphics (multiple colors) onto either HDPE (white) or acrylic (clear or whiteor white opaque).
    Plastics are 3-5mm in thickness and are flat. Graphics need to have good durability, scratch resistant, etc. as the product is 'handled/used".

I was looking at an A2 or A3 (preferred) flatbed printer using eco-solvent inks as I know that process will work well. The cost is a bit prohibitive as I am a small start up.

I alllllmost pulled the money out to do the diy flatbed thing. 'Cept I couldn't get the A3 printer version I wanted only A2 is available. Still working on that one. In the meantime,

Someone here mentioned sublimation and I thought yeah that could work. I have done a bunch of research into that. Getting the sub prints from an outsource looks awesome cost wise!
    I read issues on warping and the heat needed for sub will not work well with HDPE, looks great on acrylic though. I do have concerns about it working on the "thin" 3-5mm thick stuff. Sounds like I would have problems with warping.

Then I read about the CLTT (color laser toner transfer). I sounds simple, easy and lower temps. I can afford the printer they seem less costly. Is it really as simple as it reads or am I missing something?
    Do the colors/graphics come out well?
    Is warping not an issue?
    Durable?
    Think it would work for me?

Thanks a bunch for any suggestions!

here is a pic of what we have done in the past with a Neoflex and eco solvent inks.

Attached Images Attached Images