Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backlash and cheating....

should have stopped by I had a EC 112 that needs a bit of love and a new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    should have stopped by I had a EC 112 that needs a bit of love and a new home.

If you're headed this way at all, I might be interested. How rough is it?

After spending that much time in the pickup I'm ready to torch it. The hillbilly hotrod diesel thing gets old after four or five hours.

The Ekstroms are great machines as well.
    However, look very carefully at them. They have a peculiar design in the bases that I think controls the oscillation.
    There is a longitudinal shaft if I remember correctly that is set in a, or a few long babbit bearings- going from a weak memory here. Anyway, It wears, and there is some procedure that was talked about requiring boring a long hole in the base through them if the bore is wore and needs repouring. Apparently the kiss of death to many a fine machine.

there is no babbitt.

it showed back up, coming to live with me for a while now.

it showed back up, coming to live with me for a while now.
    Really? Other than needing a new drive pulley, it looked to be in decent condition. The dude that actually knew how to enter a bid properly claimed he had it sold for $500. Maybe it was $350. I don't remember, I was in full on rage mode shortly after that.

It ended up at another auction house. I did have to pay more then the 12.50, but that is probably the cleanest 177 I have seen. I will go over it, clean it, tune it up.

but that is probably the cleanest 177 I have seen.
    That wound is still pretty fresh... thanks for the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    That wound is still pretty fresh... thanks for the salt.

Well, it did set me back a bit more, if that makes you feel any better.

Hit the shop floor about 6pm, wired up at 6:05.

needs felt and graphite paper on platen and some lubing.

Runs and tracks great.

also stopped and picked up a 26" Moak BS and filled the bed of my truck with Weinig moulder parts, like almost 2500 pounds worth.

That sander is a pig, literature says 3600 pounds.

My edge sander weighs about 400lbs. Does a great job with no vibration. What's the advantage of a ton and a three quarter of arn?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Graywacz View Post
    My edge sander weighs about 400lbs. Does a great job with no vibration. What's the advantage of a ton and a three quarter of arn?

7.5hp is nice, 1hp oscillating is nice, lasting 70+ years with no issues is nice.

Mattison made some serious stuff, I have a 202 and 404 slr, 6000 pounds each of awesomeness.

That sander is a pig, literature says 3600 pounds.

I'm glad I brought a skid loader trailer?

If you want to sell it, let me know. At this point it's just a matter of redemption.

Picked up an Oakley H5 today, little more than 12 bucks, but way less than it's worth in weight.

I'm driving to New York on Friday to pick up a planer if you want to unload that Mattison.