Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer K3 Winner versus Felder K 500

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy Charo View Post
    Good to know about the outrigger...but just so I understand... on the 48 x 48 Hammer (for example) can you crosscut to 48 inches by having the cutoff on the right side of the blade? Or am I missing something really basic here...
    Thanks!
    Izzy
    Yes, you can. When you cut using sliding table, the curoff is always on the right side of the blade. When you use the saw as traditional saw, the cutoff is on the left side of the blade.

Thanks James... In my case there not be much room to the left of the slider (probably not enough for an outrigger) but I was hoping I could still cut a 48 inch long piece by keeping it mostly to the right of the blade. Appreciate your help!
    Izzy

I leave the outrigger on my slider now that I've rearranged things slightly to make it less impactful to my shop space. My preference is not to be removing and re-installing it with any frequency to insure nothing get's out of kilter in alignment, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Scott,
    Your saw is set-up similar to what I had in mind...just wondering about the outrigger: can you tell me how much room to the left of the saw your outrigger requires? And does it fold in towards the saw when not in use? (this may be in one of the Hammer/Felder videos, but I missed it). I'm a bit tight on space...
    Thanks again,
    Izzy

I've downloaded the space requirement drawings for the K3W but the file size is too large for SMC and I don't have time to fool with it at the moment. Looking at the drawing, it appears to me that the outrigger itself protrudes ~31.5" from the sliding table, and ~42" to the end of the fence when attached to the outrigger. But as others have said, it takes 90 seconds to remove the outrigger when not in use. So I guess the question for you is whether you even have the shop space to attach the outrigger and fence.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

The 1300mm crosscut rail projects further than the outrigger and that is 38 inches from the left hand side of the sliding table to the end of the fence. Obviously if you had the 900mm fence it would be less :-). The outrigger comes off the machine easily and the support arm folds flat against the side of the machine. As others have said, its easy to remove - I have to do it to store mine and it always goes back on square or as close as I can measure it. Takes about 5 mins and it's not heavy
    Last edited by Andy Giddings; 05-20-2017 at 7:10 PM.

I have a KF500 Pro and I love it. It was an upgrade from a Delta Unitas when I moved. While the slider takes some getting used to, it's really a joy to use. I have both the outrigger and the shorter crosscut fence and support table. While the outrigger is great for sheet goods, more often than not I use the shorter fence.