The addiction is in full force, some items popped up on Craiglist recently and I just couldn't resist. I originally just went for the saw below but ended up with a few more goodies
First up a Stanley miter Box & Disston made Stanley miter saw, I'm not sure if these were originally a matched set or if they ever came that way, but I just couldn't leave the miter box after seeing them together. Hopefully you guys have some idea's on the model number? I would assume it's a 358 because thats the only old miter box info I could did up. It doesn't have a model number or stamp anywhere just the patent dates. miter saw patent date (2).jpg

The angle adjuster still works fine besides being a little rusty and the box seems to function. I haven't checked any adjustments yet.Any info on model number or just info in general is greatly appreciated.
back of miter box.jpg
I think from the old catalog pics I could find that the stops / posts are on backwards.
saw & box.jpg

Couple pics of the saw. 26" in length. Has a Stanley Etch and Disston medallion.
miter saw etch.jpgmiter saw medalliom (2).jpg

Also picked up the jack plane below. The body is stamped A.Howland & Co NY. I tried digging up some info On the maker, Best I could find was it was possibly made in the 1860's and maybe by Prison workers? Also would appreciate some history If anyone has any knowledge. I just de-rusted the iron / cap iron tonight (pics pre de-rust) seemed to clean up nicely, some pitting on the back of the iron, but I plan to camber and actually use as a heavy jack so hopefully all works out for the best. This is my first dealing with a all wood plane. The iron is extremely thick on the cutting end and tapers thinner towards the maker stamp, also marked A.Howland & Co NY and stamped below with a beehive symbol and the words "Beehive trade mark"
plane iron stamp.jpg
plane front a rowland co.jpg
miter saw & plane.jpg

For $55 for these plus a set of dividers and some block planes parts I'm pretty Happy.

If any one has any advise on refurbishing the plane it's much appreciated. Like I said above, the plane will be my first all wood, so I'm not sure what all is critical besides the iron being sharp and bottom flat.

Regards,
Michael