Thread: MDO in northern Utah

MDO in northern Utah

When I lived in Washington my plywood place (Midway Plywood in Mukilteo) sold MDO (medium density overlay) or signboard, a high quality 3/4" plywood with a tan or light brown phenolic laminate on both sides. Very durable and weather resistant. I am looking for a supplier in Logan but haven't been able to find any. One builder's supply place has HDO, which is normally used for concrete forms, I believe, but the coating is a whitish color, and printed on the back side. Anyone know of a source of the tan MDO in the Ogden/Logan area?

Can't think of the brand now,but we used to use a good brand of MDO that was already primed. But I've used unprimed and in was fine too. I have heard of not finding it at local supply places and then buying from a local sign fabricator that buys in quantity.

In Atlanta, I buy mine from a sign shop supplier. Better price than the lumber yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Cav View Post
    One builder's supply place has HDO, which is normally used for concrete forms, I believe, but the coating is a whitish color, and printed on the back side.
    Ask them if they carry a product called Xtraply! I get mine locally here in Southeast Michigan at http://mccausey.com/product/xtraply-birch-plywood

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Walls View Post
    Ask them if they carry a product called Xtraply! I get mine locally here in Southeast Michigan at http://mccausey.com/product/xtraply-birch-plywood

Doug
    thanks. That looks like good stuff. I sent the company an email asking if they had distributors around here; we'll see. Still haven't found any MDO locally but I can probably get it in Salt Lake, 80 miles away.