Thread: Who knows anything about Laser Cleaning Systems?

Who knows anything about Laser Cleaning Systems?

Not a system to clean your laser, rather a laser that cleans things.

Just watched a few videos of lasers cleaning large monuments and auto parts....it basically removes rust and grime without harming the stone or metal underneath. It's like sandblasting without the sand.

One website is WeSaveArt dot com or search for GC Laser Systems. One company sells a backpack unit. Looks like these types of lasers have been around since atleast 2007.....so this isn't new technology.

I think these are fiber lasers. Just wondering how much one of these bad boys would cost.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Blog Entries
    Not very,. I think someone posted here or elsewhere about this recently. I seem to recall somewhere between 10 and 30k.......
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

Blog Entries
    Try this link. A search on the word "rust" found it.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...highlight=rust
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I've watched my fiber polish stainless a few times-- seems fathomable that you could stick a 30w fiber in a back pack, and by using a really long lens you'd get a low intensity beam with lots of focal range to 'clean' stuff...

But heaven help the poor soul that may get an errant beam in the eye...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Tried one out on a demo day, £500,000 worth and 1,000 watts of fibre

great if there is a need for them, other than that slower and a LOT more expensive than other methods
    You did what !