Thread: 1.25 inch arbor saw blades

1.25 inch arbor saw blades

Does anyone know of a source for 10 inch saw blades with a 1.25 inch arbor besides Shopsmith? I cant seem to find anything on the net. Thanks Larry

No but I have heard people post that you can get the bore drilled or reamed out where they get their blades sharpened.

I don't know if this is the case, but if you need blades for a shopsmith, they sell an adaptor to take 5/8 blades. Lots of them around, and still available from SS, I think.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Blog Entries
    Forrest has them.

I have the 5/8 arbor adapter but prefer the 1.25 blades. I looked at Forrest but could not find anything bigger than 30mm which coverts to 31.75 it might work. I probably should call them to be sure. Any where else? Thanks Larry

Woodworkers tool works will set one up for you. (Second rate web site, first rate service, very good quality) It is where many on the owwm site get unusual blades.

I've bored out quite a few blades on my Bridgeport. Truth is the local saw sharpening place does a fine job and at a very attractive price.
    Larry

Hi Larry, I would expect that they would bore the blade to any dimension you require.

Or you can take any blade to your local saw supplier and have them bore it, I normally pay about $16 Canadian which is something like $1.25 US

regards, Rod.

You can order the blade with that bore, saw manufacturer's are more than willing to do it, well everyone besides Forrest which is another reason I don't buy their blades.

Carbide Processors will make them up as well. And...they are a Friend of the Creek. Good folks to work with. (no personal stake, but a satisfied customer)
    earl

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Warner View Post
    You can order the blade with that bore, saw manufacturer's are more than willing to do it, well everyone besides Forrest which is another reason I don't buy their blades.

They must not like you, they bored some for me to 1 1/4".