Thread: Moak table saw question

Moak table saw question

I have had this Moak table saw for 25 or 30 years and have never used it. Probably a model 16 or 16A. Serial number 6366. Can anyone look up when it was manufactured? Any idea of the weight? Seems to be very heavy (possibly over 1000 pounds). Saw somewhere on this forum that Ron Smith had "Moak repair parts" phone #810-985-7164. The phone number is disconnected. Don't really need any parts though the five-spoke hand-wheel is broken. Could probably be repaired or replaced. Clearly had a much larger motor on it at one time. Losing my storage in a few years and may clean it up and find it a new home. Any opinions on whether this is worth fixing up?
    First time forum user and hoping that I can attach the pictures.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.IMG_1992.jpgIMG_1996.jpg

It looks like it has the boring attachment as well. Moak made not well known, but top notch industrial equipment nonetheless.
    I think you will find a more knowledgeable crowd for this type machine over at the owwm.org forum. Old machines are a specialty there, with many restorations. There is also the vintage section of the Canadian woodworking forum , though they tend a little more to Canadian and English machines.