Thread: Live Edge Writing Desk or Sofa Table...

Live Edge Writing Desk or Sofa Table...

Hi again friends,

Last posting of the day. Slabs came from the same guy in Wisconsin. I saw this style of legs on another guys website. He was doing dining tables so I tried to incorporate the same style here. I was going for writing desk or sofa table with this one.

live_edge_walnut_1.jpglive_edge_walnut_2.jpglive_edge_walnut_3.jpglive_edge_walnut_6.jpglive_edge_walnut_7.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

david
    DRCWoodWorks
    Dallas, Tx

Hi david. I really like that base. Is it your own design ?

Wow...outstanding!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Yonak.. Thanks for the kind words. I tweaked the design a bit to work with my table but I saw this idea on a google search of "slab tables" or something like that. It was a larger dining table and the legs and arched stretchers had a lot more mass to them. These are structural to a degree but I don't think you would want to be standing on it and jumping up and down.

Hi again Jim. I took at some of your projects over on your pages and I see a lot of Wow there as too. Thanks for the kind words.

david

Very nice. The base compliments adds visual interest to the beautiful slab without competing with it.

Hi Jon,

The first thing that I noticed when I started wanting to do a couple of slab designs was that "most" of them had either those metal thick wire looking legs or just kind of straight peg legs. I was trying real hard to differentiate the designs somehow. This was the first slab design I did and all that "differentiation" effort went into the legs. I googled slab table, live edge table, and a few more specific tables with either slab or live edge in front of them. I found a few that I really liked and I noticed that they were generally priced considerably more than the others. That doesn't necessarily mean they sold for that but at least at some point the designer felt he could ask more... Anyway, the legs and base were really where the effort came into play.

On the next tables I tried to match the "look" of the actual legs but the real interesting parts of the designs were either that I actually did something to the top (like cut it in half and rejoin it with butterflys) or make it two leveled with a drawer.. I was trying for something a bit out of the norm

thanks for the kind words.
    david