Thread: Commissioned Turning with Photo

Commissioned Turning with Photo

I have finally completed my first commissioned turning using Walnut and Maple with veneers. It is 7" diameter x 8-1/4" tall and contains 378 pieces. I spent probably between 30 to 40 hours on this one. As always I value your input, both positive and negative. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Keith that is something else, what a wonderful job on this. I don't think I have the patients for that.

Again it is a beautiful job.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good

Beautiful! The colors compliment each other. Now let me see, 40 hours times $25/hr, plus wood, plus ...., anyway you are going to own a seat on the board at the bank if you keep this up, congratulations.
    Glenn Hodges
    Nashville, Georgia

"Would you believe the only time I ever make mistakes is when someone is watching?"

Beautiful work, Keith. My only comment would be that the neck appears to be too large but the overall piece and your craftsmanship are both wonderful. Lovely combination of materials and just nice work!
    Big Mike

I have done so much with so little for so long I am now qualified to do anything with nothing......

P.S. If you are interested in plans for any project that I post, just put some money in an envelope and mail it to me and I will keep it.

Keith, that truly is a beautiful turning. Congrats on the commissioned work!

Keith, that is a wonderful turning! Lots more peices and time than I could probably handle, but it sure does look great!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Nice One Keith!
    I dont think I have the patience to do such work.
    Last edited by Jim Ketron; 10-24-2005 at 12:01 AM.
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Lovely! Even if I had the patience, I can't seem to wrap my head around how you assembled the blank. LOL

Keith,
    Incredible work....proportions, detail, workmanship all excellent! This is a piece of fine art, skilfully crafted!
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

Hiya Kieth,

What a great looking piece! While I have done some segmented turnings they have no comparison to what you have done here. A very truely unique and masterful piece of art.

Once again Keith, you've created a beautiful piece! I'm sure it'll be treasured. Are you satisfied with the commission? Inquiring minds want to know.....Ok ok...nosey people want to know.
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

12. Very impressive, to say the least! Great work! Congrats!

Thanks for the picture!

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I value your opinions. Would like to add a couple of comments about myself concerning patience. I absolutely positively have none. This is the only thing I do that I am patient with. So for those of you that haven't tried segmented I encourage you to try it.

John, I am happy with what I got. Shucks, I'm happy with any money I get ! Donations always accepted !