Thread: Hammer tablesaw blade

Hammer tablesaw blade

After a long break I am getting back into woodworking. I have a hammer slider and was looking for a new combo blade for it. The one that came with the saw is really dull and I cant find anybody locally that can sharpen it with the 30mm bore. I do want a 12" blade for sure. I came across this one but completely open to other ideas for a combo blade.

http://www.fastoolnow.com/iw-30050cbd3.html

Thanks

Here is, I believe, a fairly complete list of the Tenryu compatible blades. I have a couple of them and have been quite happy. Double check my part #'s I accidentally ordered a 14" blade once and that was a smidge of an expensive mistake - not happy with myself on that one (and totally my fault)

300mm tenryu
    IW-30028CBD3 - rip
    IW-30050CBD3 - cc
    IW-300100AB3 - veneer
    IW-30050CBD3 - combo

250mm tenryu
    IW-35032CBD3 - rip - yep this one is 350mm even though some vendors list it at 250mm do NOT order this one.
    IW-25080ABD3 - cc
    IW-25080AB3 - veneer
    IW-25040CBD3 - combo

You can get ~all~ of the Forrest blades with 30mm bore and felder/hammer pin holes as well, i have the dado set and really like it but haven't tried the regular blades on the slider yet.
    https://www.sliversmill.com/product_..._Hammer_T.html

I know ridgecarbidetool.com has compatible blades as well but don't have part numbers.

Hi, I normally use FS Tools blades on my B3.

The only 12 inch blade I have is a rip blade, the 10 inch sizes cover everything else, and can be used with the scoring blade in place................regards, Rod.

I've used blades from Amana, FS, Kanefusa and World's Best (Carbide Processors). All are good brands and make a range of blades available for Hammer. The Felder blades are also good off the shelf but a lot better after sharpening. Most sharpeners will be able to handle your existing blade - I use mail order and have tried Ridge and Dynamic. Both are excellent. Dynamic's prices are a lot easier on the pocket.

Thank you for the replies. I will look at those other brands as well. I am not brand loyal or anything.

Andy not to ask a silly question but how do you mail the the blade to Dynamic? Do you have one of those plastic blade holders? It wod be nice to have noth a 10 and 13 inch blade

Scott

Lots of ways to pack it, Scott. Some use two sheets of cardboard or thin ply to make a sandwich with the blade in the middle, wrapped with bubble wrap to keep it together and then a cardboard box big enough to hold it. I use the original blade packing container and just put it in a larger box with cushioning. Dynamic has packing instructions on their website http://dynamicsaw.com/shipping.html - I never needed or could justify the cost of a special holder