Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Counter depth fridge recommendations

When making your choice, be aware of clearance issues relating to hinge position and door thickness. Some hinges do not work with flush or near flush arrangements.

Joel

We have Sub Zero's.
    Why did I pick them? Because they had no electronic microprocessor based controls. Same with all of our kitchen appliances.

I gotta agree with the ice makers and water dispensers. They're problems waiting to happen, and the tubing a source of bacteria, and algae growth.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Joel

We have Sub Zero's.
    Why did I pick them? Because they had no electronic microprocessor based controls. Same with all of our kitchen appliances.

I gotta agree with the ice makers and water dispensers. They're problems waiting to happen, and the tubing a source of bacteria, and algae growth.
    The Sub Zero we have has control "buttons" on a glass strip along the inside top of the refrigerator. Those must be monitored by a microprocessor because they seem to detect your finger on the glass - they don't move mechanically when you "press" one of the selections. But maybe you are referring to motor control by the microprocessor.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Don't ever make or drink water from those dispensers if you don't use them foe a month. Had a real bad experience when we went back out to a house that had set for a month. Friend made coffee from one and we all got sick.

Older fridges had no computer boards, even Sub Zero. They were all mechanically run.

Today, that's nearly impossible find even on cheap units. Even many no name $100 dorm fridges have integrated circuits running the show.

Finding no ice maker is going to be a real challenge on a cabinet depth model. You'll need to look to a euro make such as Liebherr. They will be at the top of price range and the lower end of capacity.