Hi guys,

I have a question which is raised by my friend who is going to help me to install a new DL-300 DC tube into my current system that is designed to run two DC GSI tubes.

Currently it is wired from a PWM2 port on my laser control(UTC200P by Microtrend) to two power supplies I have for the GSI tubes. A db25 connector is used for it and both power supplies I have or at least their extra case enclosures has DB25 port on each. Until I open these enclosures for both power supplies I cannot say exactly but I am sure they are just metal cases with all connection ports sitting on them and they are wired inside to the same type of a power supply as new ones.

DLT 300 I have bought is a double tube combined inside a metal enclosure design so it also runs from 2 power supplies.

The new power supplies we are going to use do not have the same DB25 connector port so we will need to cut off DB25 connectors at the end of each cable and connect each wire to a relevant pin. I believe the PWM wires should go to the IN terminal on my new power supplies.

He is asking what is a difference between TH and TL terminals on a HV PS. Knowing that TL is for low level control and TH is for high level control does not help him to understand what they are for. He understands PWM well so it is just these two terminals he has no idea what they are for.

He is very good with anything related to CNC, electricity and electronics but he never has done anything with lasers and he does not understand that bit.