Thread: Fiber laser cutter

Fiber laser cutter

Does anyone here own a fiber laser cutter or operate one? I know Dave Sheldrake does but I can't keep pestering him for info all the time

I plan to buy one with a 700W nLight source, hopefully not too long after we relocate to Denmark. I have a lot of product ideas but I'm not sure about the feasability of all of them as I have no prior experience with metal cutting lasers.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver

Yea ya can Mike, Just grab me on facebook
    You did what !

Dave, thanks a lot for you patience and help!!

I don't know if there are only very few smaller fiber lasers (under 1kW) out in the wild or if it is just a case of the owners not participating on forums/groups. I suppose most are bought for a very specific purpose. My angle is somewhat different. It's part production tool, part design/development tool for me. I want to develop a range of kits and various interior design items (and a lot of other things - not short on ideas). I don't want to be a job shop. On the other hand if someone wants a short run and pay a decent price I won't turn them away.

The plan is to buy a machine with a 700W nLight source. The nLight will cope with reflective materials like brass, copper and alu which I gather the Raycus source struggles with. I have the money saved up for one. Or rather; I had. Because we have dedcided to relocate that is going to eat up some of the available funds. Good news is that because we will be moving to a rural area in Denmark I can apply for an EU grant that will cover part of the cost of the fiber laser.
    G. Weike LG900N 100W RECI RDWorks V8
    Leiming LM2513FL 1kW Raycus fiber laser cutter
    Wisely 50W Raycus engraver