I use my CO2 laser to run a small hobby business in my spare time, not for a living, and I'd like to expand to a fiber laser. I have a few ideas for products and things, but the current ~$5k entry cost for a new fiber setup is hard to swallow on a "just screwing around in my basement" budget. I know the machines can easily pay for themselves over time if you are running a business with them, but alas I don't have a cost justification to buy a new machine.

With new fiber lasers starting ~$5k at bare minimum, one would think there would be a few used ones for sale *somewhere* for maybe $2-3k (depending on power, age, etc). Unfortunately I don't see *anyone* selling used Chinese fibers on ebay, Craigslist, or on the forums I've seen. You can find used Epilogs and Chinese CO2 machines all over the place, but not fibers. I've seen a couple used equipment dealers that'll sell industrial grade fibers and maybe one or two American made galvo fibers, but they're still far out of my budget.

Does anyone know of a place people sell these things? Or do they just run so great that no one ever wants to sell their machine?