Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purchase of a used Oneida 1 1/2hp Dust collector/ cyclone installation questions

So if I vent outside I could remove the interior filter altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Allen View Post
    So if I vent outside I could remove the interior filter altogether?
    Exactly.....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Late to the party.

I had one like it. It works as well as any you will find that run on 120V. My son in law lives there now, and it still works great at 20 years old.

I figured that Oneida sized the intake for what they considered the proper size pipe. Having a senior moment, but I think mine had a 7" intake, so if I remember correctly, I used a 7" main line, dropping to 6" runners, and short 4" drops, and it worked well....until the filter clogged from using a small drum sander. Taking the whole thing apart to change a filter was a real PIA, so I left it off and ran it through the wall outside with no filter. Worked even better then.

To save money, I used HD HVAC pipe, and since there were those who managed to collapse larger diameter pipe with suction, I simply hooked up a 2 1/2" hose to my RAS with no shut off gate....always open. Problem solved. Still use that with my new location and system.

I lived on a residential street, and the outlet on the wall faced the street. No one even noticed it, much less complained. Dust getting past the cyclone was VERY little. I parked my pickup right next to it, and never noticed it getting dusty. I dusted off a slight dusting on the brick facing once or twice in about 5 years or so.

EDIT: Oops, see pipe correction below.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 12-25-2018 at 5:04 PM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick, I believe it's either a 5" or 6" inlet. I don't think they offered 7" until you went up to the 2hp unit like I bought to replace the 1.5hp unit.
    --

You are probably correct Jim. I also had a Delta 1 1/2 HP bagger. It definitely had a 7" intake. People on this forum would not believe me because the later model had 6". That must have been where I used the 7" pipe. I had two separate systems in the shop for a while, until I dumped the filter on the Oneida, and combined them. I did it that way because Oneida recommended not using a drum sander on this unit, because of filter clogs.

So, I had a 6" main on the Oneida, with short 4" drops, with as little flex as possible. Sorry, it's been over 20 years.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Yea, I don't remember exactly, but for some reason 5" is sticking in my brain but it may have been 6". Too many years have passed!
    --