Thread: My Newlydraw software won't run on Windows 10

My Newlydraw software won't run on Windows 10

I built a XY gantry style laser system. This basically wasan ETL Evertech laser with a small bed (about 8x12) but a very nice Coherent GEM metal tube air cooled 30W laser. I built a system out of Misumi extrudedaluminum and Maker Slide for the gantry, my work area is about 2’ x1.5. Iengrave wine barrel heads and they come out real nice. I am just a small time second job operation, however I am learning a lot and really enjoy it. Building the system myself has been a real point of pride for me (and it was a heckofa lot cheaper!).
    However, my computer died that ran windows XP. On it was Newlydrawsoftware. I have the CD and dongle but it wont run on windows 10. I can’t find adriver for Newlydraw that runs windows 10. Has anyone else run into this problem?And if so how did you fix it?

Try running it in compatibility mode.

https://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how...on-windows-10/
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

yet another reason Bill and Co. will never see one red cent from me. I understand the need to 'move forward', but is it too much to ask to have your new and wonderful Win10 OS load drivers for 4 year old machines?

Do yourself a favor and find a used Win7 computer. Or get another XP. I'm finally using a 7 regularly, but I still have 5 XP's and a 98 running all day every day, simply because they will all run my office printer, my Quickbooks software and all of my machines. Win 10 will not.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thank you Julian, I will certainly try that.

Thank you Kev, I think that is sound advice to locate a working Win 7 machine. I would go to Craigslist for something like that perhaps?
    Thanks!

Just google 'used/rebuilt win7 computer' and you should get every computer shop within 20 miles of you come up- almost all shops will sell you a good working freshly reformatted computer for $100 or less
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

The software can be made to run but win 10 won't allow use of the dongle
    You did what !

If you go to the Walmart online and put in laptop you get a drop down that you can choose refurbished and then you can narrow it down to windows 7