Thread: Martin T60C help needed

Martin T60C help needed

Need help from any Martin owners out there.

Some of you may have noticed from earlier posts and updates, I've recently installed a new Martin T60C. I've been picking away at setting up the saw and calibrating it over the past few weeks. Had to learn several things for myself like adjusting toe-out for the rip fence, calibrating the cross cut fence for 90 degrees and length accuracy, calibrating the controller and other things. The salesman has been helpful along the way, but there are a lot things you need to figure out for yourself. (I can hear Erik Loza say "if you think that's bad, you should see Italian machinery documentation")

The last piece I'm working on is calibrating the scoring blade. Embarrassingly, I didn't realize that I needed an air hookup for the scoring blade. My question to any Martin owners out there is...

What do you use for the air hookup for your saw? I currently don't use a lot of air in my shop and don't have a compressor that's on all the time. I have a portable compressor but only use it when needed, which is not often. Do I need to keep a compressor on all the time (or at least anytime I want to use the scoring blade? Is there an easier alternative to having a compressor connected to the saw?

Any thoughts or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Mike

PS - The saw is phenomenal. Between the electronic controls, longer slider and other capabilities, it's been a huge upgrade over my previous slider. It's so much fun to work with. I'm happy to share any lessons learned with anyone if it would help.

I contacted Al Briggs at Martin. He’s the Martin Guru. He helped me calibrate my saw over the phone.