Thread: Great affordable paint booth exhaust fan!

Great affordable paint booth exhaust fan!

I have been trying to improve the ventilation in my spray booth for awhile. My spray booth is 12'x12' plastic, cardboard and craft paper on the floor and 6 mil walls. It is in the basement and has an egress window in the wall of the spray booth that I use for exhaust.

I have been using a variety of household and "industrial " fans with less than perfect results. I have been doing a lot of shop upgrades lately so the thought of spending a bunch of money on an exhaust fan that may or may not drastically improve the ventilation.

I found this wall fan designed for greenhouse ventilation

https://www.googleadservices.com/pag...Qwg8IKQ&adurl=

It runs $70 and moves around 1000cfm. I set it up today and it works absolutely great!! I would have been happy with the results even if i had paid twice as much.

Thanks

...and 59¢ off if you opt out of free returns .

This seems like a great source for many other products that interest me too. One of their green house with this fan could make an excellent
    portable spray booth for less than $ 300.00.

Thanks for the link.
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Murdoch View Post
    ...and 59¢ off if you opt out of free returns .

This seems like a great source for many other products that interest me too. One of their green house with this fan could make an excellent
    portable spray booth for less than $ 300.00.

Thanks for the link.
    It looks to me like the liberalization of marijuana laws around the country is having an incidental benefit for other uses as well when I was looking through Amazon for different exhaust fan options it kept suggesting indoor grow lights, fertilizers etc.

In that case your exhaust fan will need to be set up on a temperature sensor .
    "... for when we become in heart completely poor, we at once are the treasurers & disbursers of enormous riches."
    WQJudge

I am TOTALLY shocked that no one has brought up that this fan is NOT suitable for the OP if spraying flammables.

I'm not saying I have never used plain cheap fans spraying old school laquer, I have but w great caution.

Water base spray, fine .. get the fan.

Flammables - POOR choice. Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jeske View Post
    I am TOTALLY shocked that no one has brought up that this fan is NOT suitable for the OP if spraying flammables.

I'm not saying I have never used plain cheap fans spraying old school laquer, I have but w great caution.

Water base spray, fine .. get the fan.

Flammables - POOR choice. Marc
    You're correct about this fan and WB. I suspect the reason nobody brought this up is because Evan is a regular poster and most of the regular posters here know that he sprays WB as we exchanged posts about a suitable sprayer earlier.

Gotcha.

Well anyway my post may help an errant searching archive posts for info Newbie.

All good then, thanks for info. Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Giddings View Post
    You're correct about this fan and WB. I suspect the reason nobody brought this up is because Evan is a regular poster and most of the regular posters here know that he sprays WB as we exchanged posts about a suitable sprayer earlier.

Yes that is totally correct. I have 2 small kids and spray in my basement so i made the necessary choice to use only waterborne finishes.

I probably should have mentioned that for anyone who may not be aware of the difference. I'm sure I wouldn't have been posting about finding an affordable explosion proof fan.