Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Glide vs Hitachi C12RSH2

Bosch Glide vs Hitachi C12RSH2

Afternoon all,

I am looking to upgrade my miter saw soon. I've had my eye on the Bosch Glide for a while now. I am going to be building a miter saw station and with a small shop the Bosch takes up much less space than most of the other saws I have seen save the Kapex which is way out of my budget. When I was at Menard's the other night I noticed that Hitachi makes a model with a mechanism similar to the Kapex with the slide rails facing forward rather than back. The saw is currently on sale at Menard's for $350 compared to $600 for the Bosch.

I've had a few Bosch tools in the past and have really like/d them and the Glide gets great reviews. I've never owned or used a Hitachi product. At $250 less it's quite tempting. Anyone have any experience with either of these two saws that they would like to share?

Thanks

The first contractor i worked for 20 years ago had a Hitachi miter saw in his shop that was a beast it was definitely larger than 12" maybe 16"?. Anyway it was probably 10 years old at that point and it could cut 2x12s all day. Fast forward 15 years and their equipment is definitely of a lower quality than it was before. Personally I would put it between ryobi and ridged maybe equivalent to craftsman. The Bosch is definitely a much better saw. I would say you need to figure how much use vs the price. I'm sure it will make accurate cuts but the Bosch will definitely last longer and will likely have less problems with small pieces breaking.

I have the Bosch Glide and like it a lot. I would not hesitate to buy it again, however $250 savings is substantial. It also looks like it comes with a stand and a laser.

Is there a unit on display that you can feel? Pull the head to various positions and see if you can deflect the head with slight pressure.

Steve

I have a Hitachi C12LSH and it is great. It can be place close to the wall since the gliding mechanism can be locked and it does not effect the operating capacity of the saw. I believe the model I have has been discontinued by Hitachi.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have the Bosch 12" and love it. The space savings and fluid movement are hard to beat. The arm tension is adjustable for those who are used to other SCMS that have more resistance, but I have left mine in the open fluid position because I had not used a SCMS for a long time prior to getting it, and why add work? If you "push" on it you can deflect the armature a bit but if you use a light touch and let the saw do the work it is very accurate.

I haven't used a Hitachi in 25 years.
    "Live like no one else, so later, you can LIVE LIKE NO ONE ELSE!"
    - Dave Ramsey

I have the older version of this Hitachi and it is quite good. My understanding is this newer ideation (green hood) has trimmed some of the extras on the saw I have. You'll have to look up a comparison and newer review to see if it's for you. I will say I love my Hitachi though.
    USMC '97-'01

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Wait till the Bosch goes on sale.

I really like my Bosch.

Robert

I bought the Hitachi "C12RSH Laser" a little over a year ago I don't know what the difference between the two are but I am very happy with mine. The blade leaves a very good finish on everything I have cut from pallet wood oak, walnut, hard maple, and plywood. The slide works great very smooth and the saw makes very precise cuts. Dust collection could be a little better but I will work on that when I build a miter station for it. I currently have it on the stand that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lankers View Post
    Wait till the Bosch goes on sale.
    When starting on my shop construction I saw a Bosch Glide in Home Depot. It was more expensive than Amazon but they sold it for the Amazon price - all they needed to see was the Amazon listing on my phone.

I think it is a fantastic saw.

JKJ

West Central Alberta, East of the Rockies - West of the Rest
    Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    When starting on my shop construction I saw a Bosch Glide in Home Depot. It was more expensive than Amazon but they sold it for the Amazon price - all they needed to see was the Amazon listing on my phone.

I think it is a fantastic saw.

JKJ
    That's what basically happened to me too, minus 10% of the difference.

Thanks for the info, all. After some more reading and the posts on this board it's clear some features were cut with the new saw but I've to see exactly which features. I'll probably hold off a little to see if the Bosch goes on sale or if I can find a good price on eBay. The bevel knob being located in back on the Hitachi is a bummer as I was going to try and enclose the saw quite a bit for dust collection.

To add to your confusion, the new Makita LS1019L has the same sliding action as the Kapex/Hitachi and dual dust collection ports. I'm waiting for a few more reviews on that one before biting the bullet. $510 on Acme Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Nossen View Post
    To add to your confusion, the new Makita LS1019L has the same sliding action as the Kapex/Hitachi and dual dust collection ports. I'm waiting for a few more reviews on that one before biting the bullet. $510 on Acme Tool.
    I came across that one but they dont have a 12" version, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M Tuttle View Post
    I came across that one but they dont have a 12" version, correct?
    You are correct 10" only.