So we invested in the CNC last year and have been making good use of it but I guess old habits die hard. We have a job making a bunch of mobile/desks/tables for a school, 42" square, Hard Maple (the devils wood), dual locking casters, arched aprons. I have always made arched aprons, cathedral and roman arched doors, etc., on the shaper. Cutter block, rub collar/bearing, sled, template, destaco clamps, sacrificial backer to reduce blowout on the outfeed side.

Set the whole thing up today and roasted 4 aprons to either gnarly grain, catches, or blowout. All hand feeding a sled through the shaper. Steep exit angle. I hate hard maple.

4 aprons in I glance over at the CNC running other parts and Im like... what the heck were you thinking idiot?

Walk in the office, draw up a dog boned pocket fixture in a 1 1/8 MDF scrap, and the profile tool path for the arch with a 3 pass raster using a 1/2" down spiral, profile last, and proceeded to stand there in complete comfort, loading aprons into the fixture with no clamping (due to the down spiral and a press/mallet fit in the MDF jig) and run all the aprons for 12 tables while Im machining other parts, doweling, and so on.

Old habits can be hard to break.

It was so easy it was shameful.