Thread: Articulated Hollowing Systems

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Articulated Hollowing Systems

I started reading last year about all sorts of hollowing systems and the one that just kept getting my attention was the Monster Hollowing System. I liked that it appeared to be very stout and that even though it attached to the bed of the lathe one could to some degree use it on a lathe with the headstock rotated (my lathe has a rotating headstock). But its an expensive system so every month I set aside a little bit of money so that one day I can get it. I was just trying to get back to Monster's web site and it no longer exists. I tried their phone number and its disconnected, I had a few questions I wanted to ask. So with them appearing to be out of business what other options are there for a similar system? I think I would prefer an articulating system similar to the Monster but I'm not opposed to a captive system such as what D-Way and Lyle Jamieson have. Just wondering what some good alternatives to the Monster would be, first hand experience feedback is always greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Damon McLaughlin; 08-28-2017 at 3:19 AM.