Thread: New Remote Control for RPC, Goodbye Wireless!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Remote Control for RPC, Goodbye Wireless!!!

I just changed the remote control on my rotary phase converter again. In my old shop, the RPC’s contactor was controlled with a 120V coil ratcheting relay. Any remote pushbutton switch in the shop could toggle the RPC on or off, so just walk over to the nearest one. In my new shop, I set the control up using a wireless remote light switch to turn the contactor on and off. Didn’t like it at all. The wireless remote was never where I was and easily lost. So now I am going back to the ratcheting relay control, but this time with low voltage for the remote switches. I am also adding LED indicator lights at all switches, which are also low voltage. The connectors sticking out of the top of the box are where the wires will attach from the remote switches and indicator lights. The red switch on the box also operates the circuit. I used a 30 amp contactor for the 24v relay just because it was a common item and cheaper than a more appropriate relay. This control was a lot of messing around, but it will be nicer to use. I have a wireless remote for my dust collector, but it works out fine because all of the tools that use it are in the same general area.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Webster; 09-02-2017 at 12:47 AM.