Thread: Jake Olsen

Jake Olsen

Please google Jake Olsen (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...s-pat-49589889). I have never been prouder to be a Trojan. This young man is a total inspiration!

Jake, his family, Pete Carroll, Clay Hilton, WMU and the USC football community are absolute bright stars in what has seemed like a very dark time.
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 09-03-2017 at 12:43 AM.

Wow. Just wow.

That's really incredible I wish him long and happy life
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Jake made it to the headlines on my tablet on fOXNews
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    Please google Jake Olsen (http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSto...s-pat-49589889). I have never been prouder to be a Trojan. This young man is a total inspiration!
    Pet peeve of mine
    Why don't you say in your message what is so inspiring, rather than having folks go to some other site?
    I have no idea what Jake did or didn't do, but have no intention of clicking a random link on the internet to find out.

My hr dept is pretty bad about this, announcing employee events in a 4 Mbyte attachment with no useful information in the body of the email.

I hear you John, but the OP has an 800+ post count. That is a big factor for me to click a link - and the fact that others have already done so and responded positively.

Yeah, but the OP joined over 100,000 members after me.

I did finally see an item on Jake on the TV news. Yes inspiring story. It would be easy to say "Blind football player snaps football in USC game, play makes extra point. See link for more information."

Great story-- Don't bury the lead.