Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd like your opinion on my plywood pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    My first thought(valid or not) when I first saw them was how awkward that must be to load a piece of plywood in. I get plywood by myself. Sometimes it is hard enough to wrangle a piece of plywood in the truck by myself, let alone into a bag. The place where I get my wood does not have a lot of room for a parking lot and everybody parallel parks in 2 rows by the curb. There is not 8 feet behind my truck to load. Most of the time it is over the side. It rains a lot here n WA. I just plan accordingly. A tarp I easier and cheaper.

I also wondered how easy a corner of a piece of plywood would rip a hole in the bag.

Very valid points, Cary. It is very easy to load a sheet of plywood into the pouch with two people. I'm stubborn and always do it myself because it can be done, and often there are times when you
    are alone. Most of the time I get my plywood at Home Depot, there is a large parking area right in front of the big opening doors for loading. I have the plywood laying flat on a cart which is only slightly lower than the height of my open tailgate.
    As others have said, it's hard enough to 'wrangle a sheet of plywood in the truck alone'. I'll concede that it's more difficult to slide it into the pouch alone, but not a great deal. And woodworkers are helpful, I've often had people come along and ask if I would like a hand. Full disclosure here: I usually say yes, hoping to intrigue them with my pouch.
    As for the rip concern, I've been using the same pouch for about five years, there are a couple nicks in it, but that is usually caused by an overzealous helper.

Cheers,
    Lloyd
    Lloyd Kerry

Maybe selling them though point of sale. Sheet rock suppliers and lumber yards. I can see someone ready to purchase a load of drywall and realize it's going to rain. They ask the yard if they have any thing to cover the rock with. Yes, we have just the thing you need, a pouch. Maybe the could even rent them out. Reminds me of something I saw many years ago. A woman purchased a small tree for her yard. She places it in the back seat of her Mercedes convertible. While driving home a surprise downpour hit, I never have seen it rain that hard before or since. I suspect she had 6 inches of water in the car by the time she got home. I guess she could have used a car pouch that day.
    Richard