Thread: Freud Joiner

Freud Joiner

I would like to pick up a biscuit jointer any comments on the Freud jointer I assume they are no longer made but I have found a used one in a pawn shop looks almost brand new. I don't know if that means something is wrong with it or if it was stolen before it was used much.

It's a tool i don't expect to use alot so I don't want to spend to much for one. I have looked at the PC & Dewalt also would I be better off with one of them or will the Freud work for casual use mostly for alighment purposes?

It looked like it got good reviews on Amazon. The fence looks like the weak link. I had the DeWalt and then sold it and got a PC because of the fence. If the price is right it should be fine for occasional use.

the fence is not adjustable for angles but I don't think its something i would miss. The price is less than a $100.00 that's what I like the most come with the orginal case, manual, and tools.

I have a Freud biscuit jointer for almost 30 years. This is one of those machines that does not get used much, but it has been flawless since. These are simple machines with few moving parts. If the price is right go for it.

thanks for the input I guess I better run back to the pawn shop and see if they still have it.

I have one and it's always done what I asked it to, despite years in-between uses. Works best for me connected to a vac...the shavings can clog up pretty quickly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...