Thread: They're baaack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Good point, Simon. Aldi's U.S. headquarters is less than a mile from my house. They source their merchandise just like any grocery store would, meaning they don't import from Germany. I believe it was Paul Sellers who originally was so high on these chisels and the early ones were made in Germany, which is part of the EU just the same as the UK is. I think the answer to your question would be for PS to evaluate the Aldi chisels we get here. Unfortunately, he has no business presence in the U.S. and no longer travels here. I do know that the Stanley utility knife that he touts as a marking knife is different from the one that Stanley sells here. The chisels are substantially the same; certainly in appearance; and the drawbacks of their suitability for hand tool users go beyond the quality of the steel. He does quite a bit of handle modification, if I remember correctly.

Regarding "loaner" tools: How come my neighbors want to borrow my best tools; not my worst? If I handed them my Aldi chisel, their answer would be "Really?"
    Last edited by Mike Brady; 09-18-2017 at 12:49 PM.