Thread: Need help identifing this vintage? jointer

Question Need help identifing this vintage? jointer

Hi everyone.

I picked up a new to me 4" jointer today, but am having trouble identifying it.

At first glance I thought it was a delta or rockwell which would make it a great addition to my slowly growing vintage but functional collection of rockwells.
    There are only 2 markings of any sort on the piece. A heavily worn decal on the blade guard, which after some research I determined is an early Wizard Powermatic decal.
    However that same research turned nothing up on them making a 4" model
    The second marking is a 9 digit number scribed into the metal on the back of the out feed table 707 890 620 which again doesn't jive with any of my research
    There are absolutely no other markings on it, exterior, underside, or anywhere.

Can anyone identify it?

Over all condition is okay, a tiny 1/16th chip on the in feed table, blades are in almost unused condition but will need a sharpening. Generally a little clean up and lube and she will be in fine shape.
    I would like to get it up and running, but am leery of hooking up any of the motors I have to it (1.5HP or greater) without knowing the rpm's it can handle so I can set the pulley ratios properly. Suggestions?

As you can see by the pics it didn't even make it out to the workshop but went straight on to the kitchen counter much to my wife's dismay.

Thanks

20170920_004920.jpg20170920_004930.jpg20170920_004948.jpg20170920_005029.jpg

Fairly certain that's a Powr Kraft jointer from Montgomery Wards.

Try over at owwm.org for more info.

p.s. The last pic is someone's phone number.

actually probably their SSN
    Chuck

This is what I thought too, but never hurts to get a second opinion

All the powr kraft's I've seen have a flat base, but it's worth looking in to further
    Thanks

Found it.
    Power King - model SH76