Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a Narrow Wood Rasp

Just to wrap this up, the Corradi riffler set arrived from Lee Valley today and they are very satisfactory. The flat ones actually cut 1/4" wide but they cut well and leave a smooth enough surface for my needs. So, thanks again for the advice.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Hepler View Post
    Just to wrap this up, the Corradi riffler set arrived from Lee Valley today and they are very satisfactory. The flat ones actually cut 1/4" wide but they cut well and leave a smooth enough surface for my needs. So, thanks again for the advice.

Doug
    Yep, I like mine. They're really useful little tools. Glad they worked out!

Blog Entries
    Lee Valley woodworking>shaping>Japanese Milled-Tooth Plane Maker's Floats, Japanese Milled-Tooth Files. Highland Woodworking >Files, Rasps & Rifflers>Iwasaki...... They are all made by Iwasaki in Japan. I find the fine cut files... work better and even faster for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Holbrook View Post
    Lee Valley woodworking>shaping>Japanese Milled-Tooth Plane Maker's Floats, Japanese Milled-Tooth Files. Highland Woodworking >Files, Rasps & Rifflers>Iwasaki...... They are all made by Iwasaki in Japan. I find the fine cut files... work better and even faster for me.
    Yep. LV doesn't offer the edge float, which is the Iwasaki that would have met Doug's specific need, but Highland does.

The X-fine Iwasakis are outstanding tools. I posted close-up macro shots (1.3 microns/pixel) of both the toothing and the resulting surface on a piece of offcut a few days ago. The "integral chip breaker" in those things is a nifty piece of tooth-forming.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chase View Post
    Yep. LV doesn't offer the edge float, ....
    Uhh, isn't THIS it?

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Uhh, isn't THIS it?
    Whoops, indeed it is. They just don't have it on the same page as the others. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    I provided two locations at Lee Valley (LV) specifically because the "float" and files/rasps... were at different locations. LV does not identify these tools as being made by Iwasaki, Highland Woodworking does, which may be the reason the items are handled differently. Might be that LV has manufacturing differences/specifications on the ones they sell, but I doubt it.