Thread: It works!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation It works!

I consider myself a "pragmatic" guy also for woodworking: I avoid complicated joints as I think glues are very strong now-a-days... and if you need anything more, there are screws!

Anyway, yesterday, by the end of the day I was in my woodshop when I asked to myself, "why not to try"?

Well it was my first try on dovetail joint. First use of my Makita Multitool. I used scrap plywood. instead of solid "real" wood. It took me less the 15 minutes, including to square wood in my tablesaw. Just a few strokes of my wood chisel for best fit. No jigs.

I added a picture. Yes, it is not great but considering the above, I am really glad with the results. I am a fan of the craftsman from Paul Sellers but when I saw him in one of his excellent instructional videos in youtube expending more than 40 minutes for a single dovetail joint I really thought it was not for me so I think you can get why I am so excited.

Perhaps it is worth to use that joint in my future projects.

I really cannot understand why I never saw anyone using a multitool for that kind of joint...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Osvaldo Cristo; 09-24-2017 at 5:20 PM. Reason: typo error