Thread: Oscillating saw blades

Blog Entries

Oscillating saw blades

I was using my Bosch Oscillating saw (multi-tool) this weekend and noticed I was getting low on blades. I normally buy Bosch blades, but I noticed that Amazon and others have some other brands such as Baban and Integra. Has anyone tried their blades, other than lower cost how do they perform in comparison to Bosch blades.

Any good sources for Bosch blades?
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 09-25-2017 at 6:53 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I was using my Bosch Oscillating saw this weekend and noticed I was getting low on blades. I normally buy Bosch blades, but I noticed that Amazon and others have some other brands such as Baban and Integra. Has anyone tried their blades, other than lower cost how do they perform in comparison to Bosch blades.
    Any good sources for Bosch blades?
    I'm not sure what a Bosch oscillating saw is. Are you talking about an oscillating multitool? I have the Fein multitool and have bought Fein, Oshlun, Imperial, Versa-tool and others - they all have been fine for my purposes. I just check to make sure they will fit my Fein. I never tried Bosch but I might - I'm a big Bosch fan. I don't know a good source for blades - I just order from Amazon or buy in a local store.

JKJ
    Last edited by John K Jordan; 09-24-2017 at 11:46 PM. Reason: typo

In at least one head to head test I've seen the Bosch blades fared quite well. Coupled with their reasonable price and wide availability , they were rated a very good buy.

I use them probably as much as fein blades.

I would also be interested to hear what blades other people use and where they buy them. I have been using the corded Fein MultiMaster for years with expensive Fein blades. Just bought the Fein 18 volt cordless which requires the Starlock Plus blades. Great tool.

Here's a sharpening jig I saw on the market, not sure if its any good or how well it works? Has anyone used one and if so how well or not does it work?

http://sharppog.com/
    Last edited by richard poitras; 09-25-2017 at 6:20 PM.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I use Imperial 220 blades. They've been my favorite so far. They leave a surprisingly good cut for how aggressive they are.

I just buy them on Amazon.

I've also been happy with Imperial....
    'course, considering my MF tool is a Harbor Freight one & the only other blades I use are Harbor Freight...
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Wasner View Post
    I use Imperial 220 blades. I just buy them on Amazon.
    Can you provide a link?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    Can you provide a link?

Here

I think I'm going to build a sharp hog for myself tomorrow. Looks simple enough and for general construction cutting I think it might actually be good enough.