Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Phase pencil sharpener

3 Phase pencil sharpener

got sick of hand sharpening my layout pencils . never liked mechanical ones for drafting and have plenty so please do not recommend them . I only do layout on one stick and the machines do the rest for the most part with set up stops and so i do not want knife marks ether. So a made this as a way to cope.

Last edited by jack forsberg; 10-02-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    jack
    English machines

Horsepower!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Trent View Post
    Horsepower!
    Full hp is 1.5 but the VDF is set to 5 HZs so i recommend .34567892638726 HP
    jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by jack forsberg View Post
    Full hp is 1.5 but the VDF is set to 5 HZs so i recommend .34567892638726 HP
    Not fair! You've got ALL the cool toys.

That's my style, too. 15 minutes of set-up for 15 seconds of milling.

get a tube of home depot pencils and it comes with a sharpener that you put in a hand drill. get the biggest drill you can find!

Quote Originally Posted by larry senen View Post
    get a tube of home depot pencils and it comes with a sharpener that you put in a hand drill. get the biggest drill you can find!
    Two things are wrong with this assessment one I didn't make the pencil sharpener and two I like high-quality pencils .
    jack
    English machines

Ticonderoga #2 man myself.........

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Ticonderoga #2 man myself.........
    Those are good I pick them up at Walmart
    jack
    English machines

As a school teacher I know the best pencil sharpener is a Panasonic but they need to be emptied after about 10 resharpenings.
    You would be surprised how many kids turn the crank the wrong way unscrewing the handle. Also most high school kids turn the feed dial until it is one bigger then the standard size so the pencil wiggles around and does a poor job of sharpening. They have a hard time inserting a pencil into the correct size hole!
    Bill D

Jack and Larry, If you are seriously considering Ticonderogas as good pencils, PM me your mailing addresses, and I'll change that opinion to not being willing to walk across the street for a free case of Ticonderoga's. I've been hoarding pencils since they stopped making good ones in the early '80's. Give me a few days to getting around to taking pictures of all the old ads I have framed on the wall though. I have more than a lifetime supply, so I don't mind parting with a few for you two.

That is certainly one way to get it sharp, a bit more setup time required.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Jack and Larry, If you are seriously considering Ticonderogas as good pencils, PM me your mailing addresses, and I'll change that opinion to not being willing to walk across the street for a free case of Ticonderoga's. I've been hoarding pencils since they stopped making good ones in the early '80's. Give me a few days to getting around to taking pictures of all the old ads I have framed on the wall though. I have more than a lifetime supply, so I don't mind parting with a few for you two.
    would love some Tom 👍long gone are the days of old growth redwood pencils made on Wadkin moulder machines
    jack
    English machines

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    As a school teacher I know the best pencil sharpener is a Panasonic but they need to be emptied after about 10 resharpenings.
    You would be surprised how many kids turn the crank the wrong way unscrewing the handle. Also most high school kids turn the feed dial until it is one bigger then the standard size so the pencil wiggles around and does a poor job of sharpening. They have a hard time inserting a pencil into the correct size hole!
    Bill D
    I have always fancied the Boston brand

jack
    English machines

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney