Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Phase pencil sharpener

We used to get free pencils bearing name of a lumber company. They were so bad we could grind a whole one up in one sharpening. But I'd save the erasers.

LOL That's funny, I don't care who you are. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Jack for bringing a laugh this morning.
    Mark McFarlane

I gave up on Ticonderoga, the best pencils are made in Germany. No worries about lead breaking when using or sharpening. I stock up when I go.
    We had a electric sharpener in the past. It was good but burnt out. Have a new Boston but its no good. Just carry one in my apron now.
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    IMG_3258.jpg

try the orange one's at home depot, i too can't stand bad pencils, but the thin and thick ones are really good. i think the fat ones are.35 cents each. i have found decent ticondiroga's . they're sold as the worlds best pencil.
    Last edited by larry senen; 10-03-2017 at 12:03 PM.

I have an old Boston sharpener that the previous owners left behind...they were school teachers.

That said, many SMC members don't have the Internet access necessary to view videos, so it would be good if the OP posted a few still photos, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This is just one of the myriad reasons I quit teaching school.

My pencil! IMG_8161.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

the Germans May make a fine pencil but there is a company General in the United States that is making pencils and has for over 100 years . But clearly the finest pencil ever made was the black wing today some vintages Fetch over $150 a piece , Company was purchased in 1988 and continues to be manufactured and is sold through Leevalley as one vendor at 20 bucks a box. Incidentally a box of pencils is one Cedar blank through the molding machine and equals 10
    Last edited by jack forsberg; 10-03-2017 at 10:02 PM.
    jack
    English machines

Now I want one of those Boston self-feeding pencil sharpeners. I need to mount my sharpener on a block of wood like that, I tore down the wall it was attached to.

I'm not a pencil snob, but a lot of people that are recommend the PaperMate Mirado. The Lee Valley pencils with the replaceable erasers seem pretty good too.

Speaking of pencils, what is a good hardness for wood, and something that can be erased? I have some Generals Pencil Co. and Mitsubishi pencils in my Amazon cart, can't decide....
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by jack forsberg View Post
    But clearly the finest pencil ever made was the black wing today some vintages Fetch over $150 a piece....
    I love your 3 phase pencil sharpener but I do hope, even if I was the richest man on earth, I would not ever buy a pencil for $150.

But if I did, I would never, ever put it in a self feeding 3 phase sharpener.

I love it!