Thread: Amentee Nook Scale

Amentee Nook Scale

Anyone ever use or see one of these?

I have several uses for it if it does what they say. I have ordered one and supposed to be delivered in about ten days.

236_grande.jpg
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck

I've been seeing incessant ad videos for that on Facebook lately...please be sure to give us a good review once you receive and use yours. It's certainly an interesting an seemingly adaptive tool!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mark

they're anywhere from $10-$12 dollars up to about $30.00. Home Depot has them. When I was in geometry class in high school, a zillion years ago, the teacher had one, much larger, at the front of the class.
    Yes, it does what they say it does. I have one somewhere in a box that I used to do tile, and to scribe the ends of the individual flooring boards, when we installed some flooring.
    I would take with a grain of salt that it is a accurate as they imply it is. It's good for "gross" line transfers, (Tile and flooring don't have to be exact due to trim molding) but I wouldn't try to build cabinets with one. The individual "legs" of mine weren't straight out of the box. It's only plastic.
    If you need to transfer lines, angles, they're good.
    Last edited by Mike Cutler; 10-03-2017 at 2:49 PM.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

I have seen pictures of older ones that were used to make 3D models from topomaps.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Mark

they're anywhere from $10-$12 dollars up to about $30.00. Home Depot has them. When I was in geometry class in high school, a zillion years ago, the teacher had one, much larger, at the front of the class.
    Yes, it does what they say it does. I have one somewhere in a box that I used to do tile, and to scribe the ends of the individual flooring boards, when we installed some flooring.
    I would take with a grain of salt that it is a accurate as they imply it is. It's good for "gross" line transfers, (Tile and flooring don't have to be exact due to trim molding) but I wouldn't try to build cabinets with one. The individual "legs" of mine weren't straight out of the box. It's only plastic.
    If you need to transfer lines, angles, they're good.
    Putting in flooring is just what I plan on using it for. Just started doing some VCT and LVT and going around door frames and other obstructions can be really time consuming. Thanks for you thoughts.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 10-04-2017 at 9:04 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging
    I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection, but with Montana it is love.... It seems to me that Montana is a great splash of grandeur....the mountains are the kind I would create if mountains were ever put on my agenda. Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans. Montana has a spell on me. It is grandeur and warmth. Of all the states it is my favorite and my love.

John Steinbeck