Thread: Jointer/Planer combo owners - what do you use for lube?

Jointer/Planer combo owners - what do you use for lube?

What do you use to lube the round posts that support the planer table? My MiniMax has two, one large in the center, and one smaller. Mine need to be cleaned and lubed, but I'm not sure what to use, was wondering about a teflon spray or some other dry lubricant (not silicon) that would not attract wood dust. Thanks,

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Renaissance wax.

Regards from Perth

Derek

I use SlipIt.

I haven't lubed my planer table post yet. I've had good results with the DuPont 'teflon' spray so would probably use that or wax.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Forman View Post
    What do you use to lube the round posts that support the planer table? My MiniMax has two, one large in the center, and one smaller. Mine need to be cleaned and lubed, but I'm not sure what to use, was wondering about a teflon spray or some other dry lubricant (not silicon) that would not attract wood dust. Thanks,

Dan
    I use grease, as specified by Hammer for my machine. What does MiniMax specify?

For lubricating the table so the wood slides more easily, I use paste wax..........Regards, Rod.

I use a block of parraffin to color the tables and posts.

Do not use silicone as it may contaminate the wood and cause finishing problems. I use dry graphite powder in alchol.
    Bill

Wow, a pretty wide range of responses! MiniMax has surprisingly little detail in their manual on specific maintenance procedures. Seems to some sort of grease on the pillars now, but it hardened in places, needs to cleaned and refreshed. I have a couple of cans of spray teflon dry lubricant, think I'll give that a try first, after a good mineral spirits cleanup.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome