Thread: Pricing question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pricing question

Nora kitchen 2d.jpg

I'm putting a bid in on this kitchen. This will be the 4th full kitchen I've ever done but the first that isn't for family or a friends so it's actually for a fee. The problem is figuring out what that fee should be. the short leg is 143 inches and the long leg is 174 inches with a 6 foot bar in the middle (4 drawers and 3 doors are in the bar). There's 22 doors, 11 drawers overall and 6 pullout drawers in the pantry. They did not want a lazy susan in the corner. I actually listed every single part to be cut out based on the Sketchup drawing (yep that took a while) and there is 360 pieces of wood to produce total (less than I thought there would be actually). Material cost without the corbels and the legs (customer is providing) comes out to be right at 2K dollars including drawer and door hardware but not including pulls or knobs. I'm of the opinion that it will take about 200 hours with the tools I have to produce this kitchen and I'm proposing $21 an hour shop time for the bid which comes to $4,200 labor. Remember I'm not in an area of rich folks by any stretch but also don't want to give up my shop time for peanuts - does this sound like a reasonable number to the folks that actually do this for a living for real? I know there are some truly gifted folks on here that could produce some much more elaborate work for a lot more money but the market for this job is modest to say the least. Oak faces, UV ply insides.
    Last edited by Rick Alexander; 10-20-2017 at 1:06 PM.