Thread: Grizzly machine paint

Grizzly machine paint

I'm thinking that this subject has probably come up in the past. But my search didn't reveal anything so perhaps this information may help some of you.

I own several Grizzly machines, both wood and metal working. My machines are all the standard green color. I recently purchased a mill from them which came with a cabinet. But I have found, as others have indicated for this model, that this machine could use more stability. So I fabricated a heavy steel base for the cabinet to bolt to.

Then the problem became what to paint the base with. I never bothered to check if Grizzly sold any touch up paint because I figured it would be expensive especially with the shipping. But I did want my base to look like it was part of the original machine. Then I discovered that Rustoleum sells a green hammered finish spray paint that looked very close to Grizzly's color. While the hammered effect didn't come out as I expected the color is a very good match. So if anyone needs to touch up, modify or restore a green Grizzly machine I think this paint would be a good choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That looks like a great solution to satisfy the anal shop owner...and I resemble that remark.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thank you for the PSA! I have a couple Grizzly machines, and like knowing my options.

Take a part/piece of your machine to Sherwin Williams and they can color match your original color PERFECTLY!

I painted a really old 1.5 HP shaper using this paint. I actually like the color and finish better than the original. Couldn't have been happier.

A tangent, but if your Grizzly machine arrives with any scratches or paint chips Grizzly will send you touch up paint for free, including shipping.

John

Thank you all for the replies. Thanks for the tip about Grizzly supplying touch up paint. And thank you Jim for confirming what many of my friends have been telling me for years.