Hello,

Working on building a workbench from plans from NYW... mostly 2x4 construction, with the bench dog strip being created from opposing dadoes cut in two side-by-side boards. Off-setting the cut entirely into one board or the other would be easier, but I worry about the cascading effect of one small change requiring a whole bunch of other changes to the plans.

I don't have a RAS (as used in the plans/video) though my SCMS could make basically the same cut, but w/o a dado head it'd be a *lot* of cutting. I tried making the cuts on my TS & a dado head, and was less than pleased w/ the results. I have been working on a jig to cut them w/ my router, and I can get nice clean cuts, but getting them to line up seems to be kickin' my tail so far (getting the spacing exactly the same on both halves, all the way down the board).

I've been thinking of more options, such as making the jig more involved w/ a spacer block set so it indexes off the last groove cut, and so on, but I'd have to split things up and make two jigs and all that jazz.

By the time I get everything tested and 'perfect' I could have cut probably 90% of the cuts already w/ my SCMS! Not 'perfect' but pretty dang close.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

TIA,

Monte